Driving development of the Club's community programme and associated activity. Developing a community database and network, including but not exclusive to schools. Linking these contacts with the club assets and brand to realise value.
Full time Post. Salary 17k.
• Driving the schools coaching programme including planning, sign-up, co-ordination and delivery of high quality coaching sessions. In addition, managing a small team of coaches and players into delivery of coaching
• Proactively driving any road show opportunities and community based marketing/PR
• Developing and driving school and community interaction and attendance of matchdays through marketing and promotional activity
• Developing local Rugby Club partnerships of mutual value
• Taking creative ownership and delivering matchday community activity including coaching master classes, tournaments (both junior and senior) and half time activity
• Working with the part time Club Development Officer to coordinate and deliver club based events including rugby camps, club-school link tournaments, and professional player involvements with mini & juniors on Sunday mornings
• Managing and coordinating club CSR projects
• Working with London Scottish International Limited and London Scottish FC to ensure one club philosophy is promoted and up held
• Working with the Club Development Manager to form an appropriate direction of schools delivery and recruitment for mini & juniors
• An RFU coaching qualification, minimum Level 2 or working towards it
• An understanding and appreciation of sports marketing and promotion
• Must be educated to a minimum of 'GCSE' standard
• Current Criminal Records Bureau Check (CRB) - required upon interview
• Valid driving license and access to a suitable vehicle
• Experience of coaching within a school environment
• A passion for sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and education
• An enthusiastic, committed and self driven individual
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Excellent communication and motivation skills
• Willingness and flexibility to work weekends and occasional week nights
• Experience of sports development and promotion
• Experience of leading a team of coaches
• Other NGB Level 1/Level 2 qualifications
• Degree qualified
• A sporting background
• Experience of working with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders; including sports clubs and national governing bodies
• An ability to inspire others
• Experience of managing a small budget
Applications (CV & covering letter) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the exact position you are applying for in the subject header.
Closing date for applications is 10th August 2012.
Early applications are favoured.
Interviews will be held subsequently.